logo ytat
facebook    logo ins

About us

The Faculty of Textile and Fashion is one of the oldest faculties of the Academy. Its beginnings date back to the academic year of 1946/47. Under the name of Faculty of Textile, it was headed by Prof. Leon Ormezowski. The initial structure of the Faculty included:

  • Institute of Textile Print – headed by Prof. Maria Obrębska-Stieber
  • Institute of Weaving – headed by Regina Kańska-Piotrowska
  • Department of Film with the Institutes of Scenography and Camera – headed by Prof. Marian Wimmer

In 1948 the Faculty's structure was significantly expanded. Its didactic staff included also Władysław Strzemiński, Roman Modzelewski, Marian Jaeschke, Teresa Tyszkiewicz and Maria Obrębska-Stieber, which have contributed greatly to the development of the Faculty.

Since its creation, the Faculty has modified its name and structure many times, but it has always remained an integral part of the School. In 1992, the Faculty reinstated its 1960s name – Faculty of Textile and Fashion. It is the only Polish state institution educating textile and fashion designers in so many areas and specialisations.

ORGANISATION COMMITTEE - DEPARTMENT OF TEXTILE AND DEPARTAMENT OF TEXTILE PRINT OF ASP ŁÓDŹ
Prof Ewa Latkowska – Żychska 
Prof Krystyna Czajkowska
Prof Lidia Choczaj
Assoc Prof Ludwika Żytkiewicz
PhD Dominika Krogulska – Czekalska
PhD Magdalena Soboń
PhD Sergiusz Kuchczyński
MA Izabela Walczak
MA Agnieszka Kotecka
BA Paulina Sadrak

www.asp.lodz.pl